UMSkinCheck is free mobile application (available for Apple and Android) intended for skin cancer self exam and surveillance that allows users to complete and store a full body photographic library, track detected moles/lesions, download informational videos and literature and locate a skin cancer specialist.
What is the best skin cancer App?
Popular skin cancer apps
- UMSkinCheck. The University of Michigan launched a free app that guides users through a full home skin check exam. …
- MoleMapper. The Oregon Health & Science University developed this app. …
- Miiskin. This app also allows users to take pictures to track their moles over time. …
- MoleScope. …
Can I test myself for skin cancer?
The best way to find skin cancer is to examine yourself. When checking, you want to look at the spots on your skin. And you want to check everywhere — from your scalp (parting your hair to check your entire scalp) to the spaces between your toes and the bottoms of your feet.
How accurate is SkinVision app?
SkinVision was evaluated in two studies. One study of 108 moles, of which 35 were cancerous or precancerous, achieved a sensitivity of 88% and a specificity of 79%.
Is there a mole checker app?
MoleCare is designed to help you look after your skin. You can use it to check and compare your moles and assess the health of your skin. MoleCare aims to raise awareness about skin health. Speak to a GP as well as using this app if you are worried about your skin or a mole.
How do you know its a cancer spot?
How to Spot Skin Cancer
- Asymmetry. One part of a mole or birthmark doesn’t match the other.
- Border. The edges are irregular, ragged, notched, or blurred.
- Color. The color is not the same all over and may include shades of brown or black, sometimes with patches of pink, red, white, or blue.
- Diameter. …
How can you detect skin cancer at home?
How to perform a skin self-exam
- Examine your body in a full-length mirror. …
- Look at your underarms, forearms, and palms. …
- Look at your legs, between toes, and soles of your feet. …
- Use a hand mirror to examine your neck and scalp. …
- Use a hand mirror to check your back and buttocks.
What skin cancer looks like when it starts?
Melanoma signs include: A large brownish spot with darker speckles. A mole that changes in color, size or feel or that bleeds. A small lesion with an irregular border and portions that appear red, pink, white, blue or blue-black.
How long can you have skin cancer without knowing?
For example, certain types of skin cancer can be diagnosed initially just by visual inspection — though a biopsy is necessary to confirm the diagnosis. But other cancers can form and grow undetected for 10 years or more, as one study found, making diagnosis and treatment that much more difficult.
How quickly does skin cancer grow?
Melanoma can grow very quickly. It can become life-threatening in as little as six weeks and, if untreated, it can spread to other parts of the body. Melanoma can appear on skin not normally exposed to the sun. Nodular melanoma is a highly dangerous form of melanoma that looks different from common melanomas.
Is a melanoma raised or flat?
Usually melanomas develop in or around an existing mole. Signs and symptoms of melanoma vary depending on the exact type and may include: A flat or slightly raised, discolored patch with irregular borders and possible areas of tan, brown, black, red, blue or white (superficial spreading melanoma)
How does Melanoma make you feel?
hard or swollen lymph nodes. hard lump on your skin. unexplained pain. feeling very tired or unwell.
How much does SkinVision cost?
We tried the app using the Google Android version. There is also an app available for the iPhone. It costs $4.99.
Can I get a mole checked at a pharmacy?
If you have concerns regarding a mole or lesion on your body, you should have this checked. You should either see your GP, or you can simply visit a local pharmacy delivering the mole scanning service in partnership with ScreenCancer. In the pharmacy you will be asked to complete a consent form with some personal data.
How can I check my moles at home?
How to check your moles
- Stand in a well-lit room.
- Use a full-length mirror and a hand mirror to check your body all over.
- Make sure you check hard to see places such as your back, buttocks and scalp. …
- Check the less obvious places too, like your underarms, in between your fingers and the soles of your feet.
How do you check yourself for moles?
How should I examine my skin for moles?
- Perform skin self-examinations every month. …
- Use a full-length mirror (if you have one), as well as a hand mirror, for a closer view. …
- Try to examine yourself the same way every month to avoid missing any areas. …
- Don’t forget to thoroughly check your scalp and neck for moles.