Essential Oils (EOs)
Unlike hydrosols, EOs contain higher concentrations of the more hydrophobic (oil soluble) fractions of the plants they are harvested from. Typically, these hydrophobic compounds offer the highest skin benefits. All of our essential oils with the exception of jasmine, lemongrass, myrrh, peppermint, rose, spearmint, and lavender are sourced from our Fair for Life and Zero Waste certified supplier.
EOs Used in our Facial Products
Chamomile Essential Oil (Blue Chamomile, Matricaria recutita) - Steam distilled. Certified Organic. This EO has a high content of azulene, which imparts a blue color to this oil. Azulene is an anti-inflammatory compound. Chamomile has been shown to promote wound healing and help with eczema (see results here). Chamomile EO lends a subtle fragrance and is used in select products (Shade in a Bottle Day & Night Lotion, REM Time Night Lotion, and Beach Bum After Sun Lotion).
Helichrysum Essential Oil (Helichrysum italicum) - Steam distilled. Certified Organic. Immortelle flowers are used to create this amazing and spicy essential oil.
Rose Absolute Essential Oil (Rosa centifolia) - Rose essential oil is a fantastic oil for dry, mature, and sensitive skin. It also reduces redness and helps balance the skin. Our rose absolute is a high quality essential oil independently tested to ensure purity.
EOs Used in Our Body Products
- Frankincense - Steam distilled. Certified Organic.
- Jasmine - Steam distilled.
- Lavender - Steam distilled.
- Lemongrass - Steam distilled.
- Myrrh - Steam distilled.
- Palo Santo - Steam distilled. Certified Organic.
- Peppermint - Steam distilled.
- Spearmint - Steam distilled.
- Sweet Orange - Steam distilled. Certified Organic.
- Turmeric - Steam distilled. Certified Organic.
- Vetiver - Steam distilled. Certified Organic.