Vitamin C and Licorice Cream
Texture: Creamy, and it can hold its own weight (retains shape when pumped)
Yeah, you have to rub for a second to get complete absorption. Hey, we had folks tell us that was their one complaint about Shade in a Bottle, so we made a cream instead of a lotion. This WON'T leave you feeling greasy though!
Okay, so we all know Vitamin C is a terrific ingredient - it provides sun protection, promotes collagen synthesis, and has also been shown to help reverse age spots. But, LICORICE???? YES, LICORICE!!!!
We wholeheartedly feel licorice is overlooked when it comes to skincare. You see, licorice has high concentrations of 18ß-Glycyrrhetinic Acid, a molecule that has been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory and anti-redness properties.
Also, in case you didn't know, we are a holistic skincare company, meaning, we're not just interested in how our products and ingredients work for you in the short term, we're also interested in how long term use of our products might impact your skin (and your health, because what you apply to your skin IS largely absorbed).
And, licorice is a T regulatory cell (Treg) promoting ingredient meaning that it helps calm immune reactions. This means it is great to include in skincare for ANYBODY afflicted by an autoimmune disease or by sensitive skin, and it won't hurt the rest of us lucky people with "normal" skin.
Of course, none of our products have been subjected to FDA scrutiny, but we've done our homework on licorice, and we believe it's the bee's knees! If you want to learn more about immune modulation, visit our blog post here.
Oh, yeah, it's also got humectants and other great ingredients!
Okay, I suppose we've waxed poetic long enough about licorice, so here's the rest of what this amazing cream has to offer.
- Stabilized water soluble Vitamin C - Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is shown to be just as effective as Vitamin C at promoting collagen synthesis
- Hyaluronic Acid - 'nough said!
- Sustainably harvested meadowfoam seed oil - if you aren't familiar with meadowfoam seed oil yet, this oil has an excellent fatty acid profile for acne prone skin and studies have shown that it helps repair the appearance of dry, scaly skin, we love it, bees love it, and it's grown in Oregon
- Cucumber Distillate - SO soothing!
- Rose Distillate - because, why not?
- Panthenol - to help hydrate skin
- Organic Cold Pressed Argan Oil & Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- Plant based ECO Cert Emulsifiers - to make the blend thick! It's a common misconception that high oil content makes a lotion thick, but that's not the case, increasing emulsifier content makes a lotion thick, and it's possible to make a REALLY thick lotion just by boosting the emulsifier content. We use Eco Cert Botanical Based Emulsifiers in this blend - you'll see them in the ingredients list as Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, and Glyceryl Stearate
Ingredients: Water, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil*, Glycerin (vegetable derived), Rosa damascena (Rose) Hydrosol**, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, D,L-Panthenol, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Hydrosol**, Sorbitan Olivate, Argania spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil***, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Olea europaea (Olive) Oil1,2, Glyceryl Monostearate, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Glycyrrhetinic Acid (Licorice Root Powder), Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosemary officinalus Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol